Date: 2011-09-12 07:28 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
You're welcome. Catherine asked me to do it.

Date: 2011-09-12 07:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] olansamuelle.livejournal.com
It sucks a little to see you having time to be back in the fandom for such a sad occasion, but I'm glad you could do it, a very nice tribute.

Date: 2011-09-12 07:33 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
I had too. Today is my day off so all I had was homework and housework to do and both could wait. I'll miss Andy. I'm glad that we got to see him on the first season at least.

Date: 2011-09-12 07:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] olansamuelle.livejournal.com
I'm glad that we got to see him on the first season at least.
Me too. He was great.

Date: 2011-09-13 08:56 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
Oh lord, there's a flash of Gabriel in there.

Date: 2011-09-13 01:38 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Yup, he only had like two movies before/during Spartacus and Gabriel was one of them. Haven't seen it myself but I added it.

Date: 2011-09-13 08:37 pm (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
Gabriel is one of my favourite movies. Not the best one I've ever seen, but one of my favourites.
Edited Date: 2011-09-13 08:38 pm (UTC)

Date: 2011-09-13 09:09 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
I've been wanting to rent it for awhile. It looks pretty cool. Plus Andy made even the first crummy episode of spartacus good so he could lift up a script.

Date: 2011-09-14 08:40 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
Step1) Set up an Amazon wishlist
Step2) Add Gabriel
Step3) Link me

I own 3-4 copies of it on DVD myself (ooh, it's in a metal case now? MUST HAVE!), I have previously purchased copies of it for others so that they will watch it, and I saw it when it was first released at the theatre, paying for people to come along and see it with me. I swear, by myself I represent a significant chunk of their profit.

But I'm not obsessed. Promise.

Date: 2011-09-16 03:46 am (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Hahaha, cool, I shall to that and see what the mysterious next step is. I can understand that. I've clung to obscure movies/tv shows too and forced them on my loved ones.

Wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/1SZ0E3ZBEPVOS

Date: 2011-09-16 08:44 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
"Usually ships within 10 to 12 days." Clearly a high demand item.

Date: 2011-09-16 03:07 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Wow! Thank you! I've been trying to rent this at blockbuster without success. I'll be happy to see it. You're a boss. :D

Date: 2011-09-17 12:15 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
There is a price. Now you have to talk to me about it. Bwahahahaha.

Date: 2011-09-17 12:58 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
You know, I've yet to watch Gabriel on my new, not-small TV. I shall fix that.

Date: 2011-09-17 01:13 am (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Its a good enough way to spend a Friday afternoon. :)

Date: 2011-09-17 01:59 am (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
Except it's saturday and I don't want to wait.

But really, lower your expectations for Gabriel. It is a really independent film, made in a nation not set up to finance a film like that. One location is a disused drive-in threatre. They got to use it by giving to owner a slab of beer.

Date: 2011-09-17 02:40 am (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Oh, yeah, I forget that you live in the future.

I'm down for that. I appreciate the gumption and can-to beer bartering spirit.

Date: 2011-09-17 03:30 pm (UTC)
itches: (Default)
From: [personal profile] itches
Just rewatched it and I retract my previous statement. Best movie ever. Raise your expectations! RAISE THEM!

Date: 2011-09-17 04:39 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
They are raised! My giddy meter is on code red and I can barely contain myself.

Date: 2011-09-13 07:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] 1-rhiannon-1.livejournal.com
This is a lovely tribute to Andy<3

Date: 2011-09-13 07:43 pm (UTC)
ext_418434: (Default)
From: [identity profile] staringiscaring.livejournal.com
Thanks. It made me feel better to make it. It was sad to know that he had only just started his career as an actor with only two movie roles and a handful of tv guest spots besides Spartacus.

Date: 2011-09-13 08:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] 1-rhiannon-1.livejournal.com
I know what you mean - it makes me really sad too :( He was so young, so talented!

Profile

staringiscaring: (Default)
staringiscaring

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 30th, 2026 07:05 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios